5D4N Highlights of Central JavaLand Tour SGD0
- The historic and cultural heartland of Indonesia's most populous island, Central Java is an enchanting region home to fertile highland plains, ancient archeological wonders and friendly people with age-old traditions. Traversing Jogjakarta, Borobudur and Dieng Plateau, this Highlights of Central Java Indonesia tour package blends the immense cultural riches and unsurpassed natural scenery of Central Java into a dazzling five-day journey.
- Beginning with Jogjakarta, often referred to as Jogja, this Indonesian tour highlights Javanese culture and arts at its finest and brightest. Not far from Jogja lies Indonesia's most enviable collection of majestic archeological remains. Mendut and Pawon are outstanding ninth century Buddhist temples with detailed carvings. Nearby, the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Borobudur is an amazingly well-preserved monument richly adorned with impressive reliefs and Buddha statues.
- After capturing the broad wealth of attractions in Central Java, complete your Indonesia tour journey with a relaxing beach sojourn in Bali or Lombok.
Luxury Travel Tailor Made For You With more than 18 years of experience in serving our clients and assisting travelers to embark on a memorable journey, you are assured of a remarkable holiday.
Day 1: Arrival - Solo or Jogjakarta - Jogjakarta (D)Arrive at the Solo Airport, formerly known as Surakarta, or at the Jogjakarta Airport. Your guide and private car will meet you and transfer you to your hotel in Jogjakarta for check-in. (1 hour from Solo and 15 minutes from Jogjakarta Adisutjipto Airport). Despite the official spelling of ‘Yogyakarta’ this town is usually pronounced and often written Jogjakarta or simply Jogja. It is the most popular tourist destination on Java, largely thanks to its proximity to the temples of Borobudur and Prambanan. Jogja is a center of art and education and the cradle of traditional Javanese culture. After freshening up, you will have the time to have lunch (at leisure) before setting off on an afternoon excursion. Departure in Becak to be introduced to one of Indonesia’s most famous crafts with a visit to a traditional batik factory. Not only will you learn about the ancient techniques and observe skilled craftsmen, but you will also have the chance to create your own batik. Start from scratch, making a design, applying wax and mixing your own dye. Your creation will be delivered to your hotel after drying. This evening, you’ll be treated to a performance of traditional Ramayana Dances while dining at a local restaurant. Overnight in Jogjakarta.Day 2: Jogjakarta - Candirejo - Borobudur (B/L)Today you will have the chance to learn more about Jogjakarta’s historic and cultural traditions with a half-day city tour. Start with a visit to the Sultan’s Palace, also known as ‘Kraton’. This building, built between 1756 – 1790, is a fine example of traditional Javanese sultanate architecture. As you walk through the various rooms and chambers, you will learn more about this aspect of Javanese heritage and culture. You’ll also visit the adjacent ‘Taman Sari’, water palace and garden. This addition to the royal complex was built over 200 years ago by the first Sultan with bathing pools for his harem. Transfer through the streets to the bird market where you’ll see a slice of local Jogja life. Keeping songbirds as pets is a popular Indonesian tradition and the market is filled with birds with beautiful voices and vendors who entice shoppers to listen to their birds’ songs. In addition to birds, an array of other animals are sold as pets including snakes, hamsters, rabbits and cats. Lunch in a local restaurant in Jogjakarta. Next, you’ll get a taste for local life with a horse cart ride through Candirejo village. Known as a dokar, the local horse cart will take you through this peaceful, charming village. You’ll travel along small lanes lined with traditional houses and stop to see village activities such as making cassava crackers, playing the gamelan and harvesting and drying of vanilla and chili. Continue with a visit to Mendut and Pawon temples, nearby Borobudur. Older than Borobudur, this pyramid-shaped temple houses three impressively carved stone statues. Dinner at leisure. Overnight in Borobudur.Day 3: Borobudur - Wonosobo (B/L)Early this morning set off from your hotel for a short 10 minute trek to ‘Watu Kendil’. Meaning ‘Kendil Stone’, this is an ideal viewing point for sunrise. When the weather is right you will have views of 5 distant volcanoes and the entire scope of the Borobudur temple complex. Around 0700, after the sunrise, descend from the hill and proceed by vehicle to Borobudur Temple (10min drive). Before the crowds arrive, with your guide explore this massive Buddhist Temple - the largest in the world - and discover the incredible history behind its construction. Comprised of thousands of volcanic and river stone blocks, the temple was assembled entirely by human labor and took more than 75 years to complete. These days, the UNESCO Heritage site is still visible in its full glory - with magnificent carvings and an unusual, yet surprisingly beautiful bulk structure. Return to your hotel for a late breakfast. The rest of the morning is free to relax and recover from the early morning wake - up. Midday, check out and transfer to nearby BS Restaurant for lunch. Afterwards continue with a scenic drive to Wonosobo, the ‘gateway’ to the Dieng Plateau (2 hour drive). Check in at your hotel in Wonosobo and the remainder of this afternoon is free to relax. Overnight in Wonosobo.Day 4: Dieng Plateau - Gedung Songo Temples - Jogjakarta (B/L)Depart early this morning to visit Dieng Plateau, located 2000 meters above sea level and referred to as the “home of the gods”. You’ll observe the volcanic activity of the Dieng Crater and its beautiful, yet poisonous, sulfuric lake. There are 8 Hindu shrines dating from the 7th and 8th centuries which line the crater floor amid sulfurous fumes and rugged natural surroundings. These temples are the oldest Hindu monuments in Java and resemble those of Prambanan but on a smaller scale. Finish your visit before the plateau becomes foggy (around 11 am) and lunch at hotel before proceeds to Ambarawa (around 2 hours drives), continue with an excursion to the nearby Gedong Songo temples complex. This group of small, 8th-century Hindu temples is amongst the oldest in Java. A short ride on horseback takes you to the mountain top for spectacular views and a chance to roam among these ancient monuments. Return to Jogjakarta (2 hour drive) and check-in to your hotel. Dinner at leisure. Overnight in Jogjakarta.Day 5: Jogjakarta - Departure (B)Following breakfast at hotel, the morning is free for last minute shopping or sightseeing before transfering to the airport for your onward flight.
- Our Services Include:
- Hotel accommodation in half-twin/double room with daily breakfast
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)
- Tours and transfers by private air-conditioned vehicles
- English speaking local guide
- All entrance fees and tours as indicated in itinerary
- Our Services do not include:
- Visa arrangements
- International flights
- International departure tax from Denpasar (USD18/person)
- Meals other than mentioned above
- Camera/video entrance fees
- Personal expenses (drinks, laundry, telephone, tips etc)
- Travel insurance
- Other services not clearly indicated in the package inclusions above
- Our Services Include: